Merriam-Webster defines salvation as: The deliverance from the power and effects of sin. What is edited out of today’s dictionary is how you might obtain this salvation through Jesus Christ. Our dictionary has changed but or God and the Bible has not! Let me further define this term using the written Word of God.
- The bible declares that God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16. You see, God made a way, through Jesus, that we might be delivered from the power and effects of sin!
- We are all sinners. . . As it is written: “There is none righteous, no, not one.” Romans 3:10
- We need to repent. . . “But go and learn what this means: ‘I desire mercy and not sacrifice.’ For I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners, to repentance.” Matthew 9:13 “I tell you, no; but unless you repent you will all likewise perish.” Luke 13:3
- God loves you. . . “For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.” John 3:16
- Christ died for you in order to make a way to save you. . . For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 6:23
- But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
- The GOOD NEWS is “Christ will save you now. . . If you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes to righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made to salvation. Romans 10:9-10 For “whoever calls upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.” Romans 10:13
- You may invite the spirit of God to come and live inside of you by sincerely praying. Prayer is nothing more than, talking with God. Something available to you anytime, and anywhere. How about now?
Here is an example of the prayer I used. God’s Spirit overwhelmed me that day and has been with me ever since! Salvation is for me and it can be for you too.
Start your Christian life by reading the Bible, joining a Bible teaching church, ask about baptism. Here are some scriptures to get your started. Romans 3:23, Luke 13:3, John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10, Romans 10:13, John 1:12, Romans 8:14 and 1John 5:13.